Frequently Asked Questions
Welcome to the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) pages. Below, we have tried to answer the most common questions visitors to this our website may have. If you find that your question is not answered on this page, please Contact Us to answer your query directly.
Joining the Group
- Who can join the Scout Group?
- Do you admit girls?
- Is the Group open to all faiths and do you attend Church Parades?
- At what age can my child join?
- How can I guarantee my child gets in?
- Can my child join a section without starting at Beavers?
- How does my child join Beavers, Cubs or Scouts?
- What happens after the joining form is completed?
- In what order do people join off the waiting list?
- Why is there a waiting list?
- Will my child enjoy being a member?
- What is the minimum age I can sign my child up from?
- Do we have to live close to the meeting location?
- What if we live far away from the meeting location?
- What will my child need when joining?
- Is the uniform compulsory?
- Where can we buy the uniform from?
Meetings and Activities
- When do you meet and how often?
- Where do you meet?
- What do you do?
- Will my child be insured when on Scouting activities?
- Who are the Leaders?
- How can I help?
- How do I become a member of the website?
- What's the Law and Promise?
- How can I become a leader?
- What does the scout executive committee do?
- My question has not been answered